Sugar Butter Toast Crunch
Our thick toast is perfect for this recipe!
We got a little fancy with the butter sugar toasts of our childhood for a treat both the young and the young at heart will surely enjoy!
JiPan Thick Toast 4
2 T condensed milk (or more, depending on your taste)
3 bags chamomile tea
6-8 T good butter
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1. In a saucepan, mix the cream and milk and heat on medium until bubbles form on the side and it almost simmers.
2. Remove from heat and sir in your chamomile bags. Cover the saucepan and let it sit for 10 minutes to steep.
3. Strain mixture into a bowl and stir in condensed milk adding more as you like. Keep warm.
4. Butter 4 slices of bread generously on one side, use as much as 2T butter! Don't scrimp!
5. In your toaster oven, broil the buttered bread on both sides, starting with the buttered side up until the edges are lightly browned.
6. Spread the sugar in a shallow dish and dip the toasted buttered side in the sugar to coat. Sprinkle a little more to make sure it's evenly coated.
7. Broil the toast again, sugared side up, just until the toast is well browned and crackly. Watch it closely!
8. To serve, spoon the warm milk mixture in deep plate and place a piece of brûléed toast on each plate, sugared side up. Serve immediately and enjoy!