JiPan's Classic Stew Pot
This Stew Pot was a best seller for many years at JiPan! You can't really go wrong with a crisp and toasty French bread filled with a creamy sauce of ham, mushrooms, and corn!
Make this at home for an easy heavy merienda or serve with a salad for a great dinner!
1 loaf JiPan French bread
80 gr. ham diced
95 gr. white onion small dice
65 gr. corn
45 gr. mushrooms sliced
35 ml. white wine
300 gr. heavy cream
100 ml cornstarch slurry
30 ml. olive oil
3/4 chicken cube
100 gr. shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice your French bread into 6 equal pieces and hollow it out making sure you leave the bottom layer of bread intact. They should look like bread cups.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and saute the white onions until softened and translucent. Add in mushrooms, ham, and corn and saute together.
3. Add white wine and chicken cube and saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the cream and stir, bringing it to a simmer, about 3 minutes. Check your seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
5. Add your cornstarch slurry and cook stirring constantly for another two minutes. When it comes to a boil, set it aside.
6. Using a spoon, fill your French bread cups with the mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the mozzarella is nice and melted. Serve hot.